New Limestone Review publishes monthly online journals, and one annual print publication. All submissions will be for the web first, and will be eligible for publication in the print issue. We accept submissions on a rolling basis throughout the year.
New Limestone Review is looking for submissions of fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry on a rolling basis for monthly issues of our online literary review. We have no stated limitations on form or subject matter, but we are looking for work that feels alive. Maybe your characters are living breathing real, or your subject is vital, or the piece just makes us want to sing or cry or run to find someone to show it to. All pieces published online are eligible for inclusion in our annual print publication.
General Submission Guidelines:
- Please include author name and contact information on the first page of your submission.
- Use .docx or .pdf format.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted.
- If your work has been accepted elsewhere, please withdraw it from consideration.
- Submissions are only accepted online through submittable: do not mail submissions by post. - Submissions will be considered for online publication and for inclusion in our once-yearly print ‘best of’ issue.
- Submissions are limited to one prose piece and five poems at a time. Please group poetry into one submission. Multiple submissions in the same genre will be returned unread.
- We make every effort to respond within three months, but response time will vary according to the number of submissions.
- Responses will be provided by e-mail.
- Please prepare your submission in letter-sized format, with ample margins, double-spaced, using a standard typeface (e.g., Times, Helvetica, Arial) and font size (12 point is best).
- Do not send pieces that have been previously published elsewhere, including self-published work. This includes online, on social media, in a personal blog, or self-published work etc.
New Limestone Review does not offer payment at this time. However, if your work is accepted, you will receive a contributor’s copy, as well as a free gift subscription.
If you are a current student at University of Kentucky, or have been a student within the last 2 years, please do not submit to New Limestone Review. You may enter your work 2 years after your last year of attendance at UK.